Thursday, 16 July 2009

Beer review 2 - Asahi cool draft-Can

This time it's the same Asahi beer, but it's supposed to be "kuru dorafuto" so a cool draft beer.

It costs 770 yen for 6, 350ml cans and it's not cheap if you'd compared to the beers from other countries but here it's middle priced, not too cheap not too expensive.

Cheaper versions cost 670yen for 6, and real expensive ones like Asahi super-dry(su-pa dorai) costs around 1000 something yen for the same amount.

So the fist sip.
Ok... I just had my first sip.
Well... yeah. it's cool. But hmm.... it's pretty cold so I don't know if there's anything else than the temperature. Ok, I think it's abit acid in taste.

Have you ever tried to drink soy sauce? Well... I have... This, kind of, reminds me of the first sip of soy sauce I had when I was pretty young.. It's a bit bitter too.. But it probably depends on the fact that I just brushed my teeth like 10 minutes ago.

Ok. second sip.. let's see if it gets better..
Even though I have realised long time ago... there's no beer tasting abilities left for me after like 5th sip. If it's not a pukey beer, like some Swedish ones with soap taste, you will just like it no matter how bitter, sweet, sour. There's no stopping it.

So the second sip..
Hmm. it still feels bitter and the taste feels at the back of the mouth, almost where you swallow things. And I feel a vague scent of fragrance. It can also be my lipstick taste. Well, actually my friend's lipstick taste.

So far I do not see any reasons why this beer has more value than the first beer I reviewed, the Asahi clear. Maybe because it's not as sweet?

Ok. I quite like this one because it's really not sweet at all. No sticky feeling of drinking a beer. I feel like if I poured this beer on the table and wiped it off with toilet paper, the table will be wiped pretty clear at one go without leaving sticky residue as sweet beer type feels like they would do.

The can is somewhat in the middle of Asahi clear and Asahi super dry. Asahi clear has 2/3 golden beer color at the bottem and the rest white to, probably, illustrate a glass of beer. Asahi super dry is all silver. This one is 2/3 silver at the bottem and the rest on the top white.

So I guess this one is supposed to be something of a mediocre beer. Not too sweet but not too bitter. As I'm writing this I can still feel the acid taste at the roof of my mouth but not so much the sugar factor..

So at the end of this 2 sip review, now what?
Yes. now I really want to try the super-dry. Maybe it's really good!! This one is clearly better than the Asahi clear the sweet sticky one. So price worthy.. maybe... probably...

No comments: